Hello!  Wow! This is bringing back so many memories!!!!!

So long story short, I am bringing back SLANTboxes due to some overwhelming dang demand for them.  I am NOT about to pay for hosting a site again so free blogger it is!  WELCOME BACK!  LOL, there are some super old blogs that I am very embarrassed off, but whatever. 

So here we go.  Yes, sign-ups have opened. *Please remember if these dates do not work for you, just wait till they do.  No one likes to not get a gift. If you can not fully commit please do not sign up.* I will be closing them on SUNDAY, AUGUST 7th so that I can make matches on TUESDAY, AUGUST 9th when Theodore and Franklin have daycare.  You will have until SUNDAY, AUGUST 14th to let me know if you have not heard a response from your partner. I will do re-matches on TUESDAY, AUGUST 16th if needed. You will chat with your partner and send EACHOTHER (small change from when we used to do it and you had two partners...I do not have time for that) gifts by September 15th (HOT TIP. use PirateShip to print a shipping label from home and have your local USPS pick it up from your house n(or if you are me, school) so you do not have to go to the post office!) I will open up the October/November sign-ups end of September.  

We used to have themes, I am unsure about doing themes again but I will for this one and ask in the sign-ups if you want me to continue with themes. We also used to do ONE handmade thing which I would like to keep, this could be a card so do not think you have to be DIYDana. Try to keep your box around $10-$15 but really NO MORE THAN $50. Listen I am an over gifter, I get it. I prefer to buy quality over cheap, but like seriously, no more than $50.  Here is the theme and some ideas for things to send.

BACK TO SCHOOL PEACE
Ok This month, I am asking you to think about things that help you to stay sane and focus on yourself, because as teachers we tend to overfill our cups.  Items in this box should help your partner start to set those professional boundaries and remember to take care of themselves! Things to talk to your partner about via text or email:
    How are you?
    Did you drink water today?
    Do you need to talk about anything?
    Have you left work yet?
You could also share relaxing sounds, affirmations, or yoga tips. but also get to know them.  Do they even like coffee? Please don't send them coffee if they dont drink it. Speaking of coffee, i have most definitely sent a 5$ Starbuks/Dunkin/Caribou virtual gift cards to partners as pick me up.

As you are getting to know your partner, its time to start thinking about thier box. 
Here is my thought for an awesome box this month should look like:
  • A personalized item for their classroom/office - make them name doodle art card, print out some mandala coloring sheets for them and staple them together, or frame some affirmations. Whatever it is, personalized items are always a hit and have been well-loved parts of SLANTboxes.  I think as educators we recognize hard work and effort and are also understanding that not everyone is Martha. 
  • One self-love item that you think your partner would enjoy.  There are so many. Here are some ideas I got from my INSTAGRAM stories poll
    • Foot/hand/face masks
    • candles
    • lotions (yes I know we have so much from student gifts so keep this a small thing but if you really love it and it helps...why not)
    • a book or bookmark
    • tea/coffee/chocolate (check for allergies)
    • nail polish
    • a classroom timer to make sure you leave
    • advil (lol)
    • bracelets with reminder words on them
    • reminder cards or plaques for desk
    • those behavior/goal tracker sheets
  • a small luxury thing:
    • new pens
    • a notepad
    • cup
    • you get the idea
  • DON'T forget to send a card.  This can be your handmade thing, or it can be a note card or greeting card.  Just put a card in the box. 
BECAUSE I LIKE SUMMARIES:
  • Sunday, August 7th - sign-ups close for me to match
  • Tuesday, August 9th - matches are made, check the email you signed up with
  • Sunday, August 14th - let me know if you have not heard back from your partner by filling out this form
  • Tuesday, August 16th - re-matches for those that need it will go out. 
  • Thursday, September 15th - Send gifts out around here. 
  • Your box must include:
    • one hand made item
    • one card
    • one self care item
    • one luxury classroom item

If you want more information on SLANTboxes i have a STUPID OLD blog post about them HERE!

If you are ready to sign up please fill out this google form:

Jameson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fractions decimals and percents

Introducing....The SLANT Box Exchange

Multiplication is for White People Chapter 1