Winter SLANTbox Exchange Partners and October Link Up
The Winter theme and detailed rules for the exchange can be found HERE. Please read this blog entry THOROUGHLY before you email me with any questions. Matches are found in a link at the end of this post. (I have also emailed you the link to the email you signed up with.)
Instructions now that you are paired!
1) Below you will find a link to a Google Doc where I have created all of your matches. Please download the file before asking questions about it. Here are some things to know about the Google Doc:
- There are 3 tabs along the bottom.
- The first is a list of all of the participants in alphabetical order by email. Like I said in the email. You are divided into bloggers and non-bloggers. As months go on you are more than welcome to switch groups, just let me know by indicating that you now have a blog on the next sign up!
- The next two are the matches based on blog ownership or not. You need to find BOTH of your matches
- To find who you are sending to: Look for your email in the first column (It is alphabetical) and the educator you are sending to is to the right of your email.
- To find who is sending to you: Find your email in the third column and the educator who is sending to you is to the right of your email.
2) Once you know the emails of your partners, go back to the participant page. Search for their emails (again alphabetically) you will also find their first name, email, blog URL (if applicable), and anything else that seamed important. This is how you know who to address your email too, and where to start getting to know your partner is.
3) You have until this FRIDAY the 21st, 2014 (10.8.14), 11:59pm CST to contact both of your partners. It is your responsibility to get in contact with both of them. This means the person you are sending to AND the person that is sending to you. Please do not wait around until someone contacts you. Be proactive.
4) If you try to contact your partners but get no response, please respond to my original email by 11:59pm CST on Saturday the 22nd and I will try to work something out with a new pairing. I will start doing re-matches Sunday the 23rd. NO EXCEPTIONS. Understand if you do not follow rules, and do not tell me on SATURDAY that you have not heard from anyone, there is nothing I can do. I WANT TO HAVE A HOLIDAY TOO. Please understand that I cannot be responsible for everyone’s actions so be responsible for you own. I have had to in the past be doing re-matches well into the month. IF you email me saying you have not heard from your partner AFTER the times in this email I will refer you to this blog post.
5) Please follow this month's theme for your partner's box. Do not make up your own theme or send your partner a crazy box that has nothing to do with them. I know sometimes themes are hard to follow, but you can do it. I know you can. You are an educator. You could figure out a way to make The Lorax into a PE unit if you could. I HAVE HAD MANY PARTICIPANTS EMAIL ME SAYING THEY ARE GETTING SKIMPY BOXES!!! LAME! I would rather it be late and good, than on time and hastily thrown together.
6) Get to know your partners and don't forget to send your September Boxes around the 20th of DECEMBER. Keep in mind with the Christian Holiday of Christmas....shipping might take longer and lines at teh post office will be long.
7) Use #SLANTboxes, #SLANTBOXexchange and/or #SLANTbox when you tweet, instagram or FaceBook so everyone can see the boxes you receive. Remember if you share a picture of the box you are sending (do not spoil the surprise! Just share pictures of the outside of your box and blur out any addresses.
8) If you are a blogger, you MUST link up with the Slant Box reveal linky party on Lessons With Coffee at the end of the month. I am going to start the linky for the previous month on these posts
Now that you have read everything let me know if you have any questions. Here is the link to see your matches!
Go get your
stalk creep communication with other educators on!