Show What You Know Board

Just a little instructable on how to use and make the Show What You Know Board in my shop!

I used one last year and LOVED it.  It is one of my favorite means of a formative assessment that is more than a thumbs up.  You can really find some errors and misconceptions that your students are having. 

YOu can find the product here! Or click the picture above. 
SUPPLIES:
Poster Board
Glue Stick or Double Sided Sticky Tape
Scissors
Ruler
Large Scale Laminator


Once you have purchased it print it out and cut out all of the pieces. 



I like to lay out the general design of how I want it before I start taping.  Last year I had 6 rows of 5 not 5 rows of 6.  I like this a little more as it is more eye catching with the diagonal rows of color. 




I used double sided sticky tape to adhere my numbers to my poster. 




I used a ruler to make sure that each square was 3/4 inch from the side and 3/4 inch from the bottom or from the next square.




I find it easiest to do the entire first column on the left, and then measure to the right of each square that you tape down. 




Then you move to the next row to the right. 




Finally tape on your header and you are ready for lamination!




Laminate and tape on your door.




My students have numbers in the class so they ALWAYS put their exit post it note on the same square.  It is related to what Ipad they use, and is alphabetical. I use the following slide in my flip charts as a prompt all the time so they know what it looks like.

Using this form of assessment lets me easily see who gets it and who needs some work for small groups the next day! 

I also keep post it notes in the supply caddy's that are on my tables!

And that is how I use my Show What You Know Board!

If you buy it and use it I would love to see what you did with it!

Cheers, 


Comments

  1. I love these posters, but they are WAY too much measuring for me. I would just purposely make them scattered and uneven so it wouldn't drive me nuts. That's also my rule for hanging things in class. It has to be perfectly straight or intentionally not. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Oh Em Gee. I love seeing some love! Thanks for leaving some or asking for some!

Popular posts from this blog

Fractions decimals and percents

Multiplication is for White People Chapter 1

Back To School First Day Activity Idea