Summer School or Not?
Well, it is getting to that time. Do I teach summer school or not.
J and I are trying to save up money for lots of things. Particularly two international trips that we are going to this year for weddings, maybe a house, and "other things."
SO. Do I take my chances at private tutoring for a not guaranteed 30$ an hour cash with a flexible schedule, or do I just sign up for summer school and make a guaranteed $28 an hour taxed with a set schedule?
Here is a pros and cons list for summer school:
- I can get some work done in my classroom before school starts as I am already there.
- I can get to meet some of my students that I will have next year early. (learning styles, who the trouble makers are)
- guaranteed money
- its only 8 weeks
- it is enough hours a week for it to be almost like 2 paychecks per week (I have my salary go through summer)
- paychecks spend differently than cash....
- I have to go to work in summer
- I have to teach math all day (again)
- Non air conditioned building
- set schedule. I can not just go to the beach on a Tuesday with my dog.
- It is 8 weeks
- It is a lot of hour a week....
Here is a pros and cons list for tutoring:
- I can set the schedule that I want to work
- I would be working with students that I do not normally see or teach
- I would be getting cash
- I would be at a coffee shop (yummy)
- It is by my house
- as many or as little students as I want.
- I do not know if I am that self motivated to organize not only grad school and multiple students
- I might not have a lot of students
- I might get more than I can handle...you all know I have a problem saying no
- Have to find a location that will support me and my "students"
- I will not get to see the students after the summer
Oh. I hate this decision. What would you do?