The March theme and detailed rules for the exchange can be found HERE. Please go read this thoroughly before you email me with any questions.
Instructions now that you are paired!
1) Below you will find a link to a Google Doc where I have created all of your matches - I have also sent out an email to you. Please download the file before asking questions about it. Here are some things to know about the Google Doc:
- There are 2 tabs.
- The first is a list of the participants crucial information. Like I said in the email. You are divided into bloggers and non-bloggers, and then willing to send internationally, and not willing to send internationally. As months go on you are more than welcome to switch groups
- The second contains the matches
- To find who you are sending to: Look for your email in the first column (It is alphabetical) and the educator you are sending to is to the right of your email.
- To find who is sending to you: Find your email in the second column and the educator who is sending to you is to the left of your email.
2) Once you know the emails of your partners, go back to the participant page that matches you. Search for their emails (again alphabetically) you will also find their first name, email and blog URL (if applicable). This is how you know who to address your email too, and where to start getting to know your partner is.
3) You have until this THURSDAY (4.6.2014), 11:59pm CST to contact both of your partners. It is your responsibility to get in contact with both of them. This means the person you are sending to AND the person that is sending to you. Please do not wait around until someone contacts you. Be proactive.
4) If you try to contact your partners but get no response, please respond to my original email by 11:59pm CST on FRIDAY the 7th and I will try to work something out with a new pairing. These will be done SATURDAY (MARCH 8th) so I will not accept any emails after this time for a new pair. Please understand that I cannot be responsible for everyone’s actions so be responsible for you own. One of the reasons I am not participating is I end up doing rematches for folks until almost the 20th. I will not be doing that this any longer, my health is too important. IF you email me saying you have not heard from your partner after SUNDAY night I will refer you to this blog post.
5) Please follow this month's theme for your partner's box. Do not make up your own theme or send your partner a crazy box that has nothing to do with them. I know sometimes themes are hard to follow, but you can do it. I know you can. You are an educator. You could figure out a way to make The Lorax into a PE unit if you could.
6) Get to know your partners and don't forget to send your box out by March 28! I know that this is many of your spring breaks, PLEASE MAIL YOUR SLANT BOX BEFORE YOUR SPRING BREAK IF YOU WILL BE GONE!!!!!!!!!
7) Use #SLANTboxes when you tweet, instagram or FaceBook so everyone can see the boxes you receive. Remember if you share a picture of the box you are sending (do not spoil the surprise! Just share pictures of the outside of your box and blur out any addresses.
8) If you are a blogger, you MUST link up with the Slant Box reveal linky party on Lessons With Coffee at the end of the month. I still have yet to figure out what linky I will use. I do not want to pay for the linkies. :(
Now that you have read everything let me know if you have any questions. Here is the link to see your matches!
Go get your
stalk creep communication with other educators on!