Have You Heard About This?



I love beauty products.  I suck at using them.  My mother is a very plain woman.  I do not say that to put her down I say that so you can have a little backstory to where I am coming from here.  She has very fine very straight hair.  I do not.  I have no idea what to do with my hair 98% of the time.  It is long, it is curly, it is thick.  I have never been taught.  I straighten it almost EVERY day so that I can do something with it.  My mother does not wear make up (not sure if she ever has either, I have seen her highschool photos.) I wear some, and like to experiment with it.  But every time I experiment with it I end up looking like a clown. Sad, true, story.

Any way.  I saw this and thought it was pretty cool as it is in my backyard almost, free, and you get to talk to someone.

My typical beauty routine consists of this:
Aveno Active Naturals Positively Ageless Moisturizer
That is it my friends.  As you can see not only do I wear very litle, but I wear very CHEAP stuff.  For me it works, but as I get older and am in a career where I feel like the same age as my students, I would like to know how to put myself together a little bit more.  Also because I teach secondary I am getting ready at 5 am.  Nothing says "I look like I am having a walk of shame" more than trying to experiment with new eyeshadow at 5 am...so I just leave it out.

I am signed up for Birchbox and Ipsy and I love them.  I have found a few things that I really like (most notably nail polish (that is a post in itself my love affair with nail polish) and a lip stain.) but when I look at how much the product costs to buy a full size version...Let's just say It makes me want to cry a little.

So I am excited for this little night.  I love Walgreens.  I shop there quite a bit and am really excited for this little night.  Most of the stuff sold at Walgreens is with in my budget (I am sorry I just can not justify spending 30$ on mascara when it expires in 6 months.)  I am looking forward to asking questions about these following products:

L'Oréal Magic Nude Liquid Powder 


Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm and Stain
Almay Smart Shade Powder Blush

And I want to ask what is the difference between a CC cream and a BB cream, and a neutral eyeshadow set for folks with eyes like mine (they go from grey to green)

That is it folks.  
What is your beauty routine for school?  Is there a product you love?

Cheers,
J.






Comments

  1. I don't have much of a beauty routine... there are some teachers that come dressed to the nines, however, at 6am I just want breakfast and coffee and get to school before the copier jams! ;) I usually use Cover Girl foundation with Olay and I found some mineral blush I really like. I try to look put together but not overly done up. I'm not going out on the town but I am going to a professional job. You may have more of a routine than I, although I do have to straighten my hair every morning as well.

    I really like the new Color Whisper line a lot - gives you a little color on your lips but you don't like you have a hot date after work! I'll have to see if my Walgreens is doing something similar!

    Thanks for sharing!
    - Amanda

    My Shoe String Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH my god. My hair is out of control. It seriously takes me 30 minutes for my hair that I am so sick of everything, I throw so moisturizer/spf, mascara, and lip tint and leave. UGH.

      Someday I'll figure it out!

      I think it is a nation wide thing. I went in for bandaids on Monday and asked. She said yes and loaded my bag up with samples!! AWESOME! I love free things. And if you sign up for thier perks program card thingy, spend 35$ on anything in the pink or green isles (health and bauty-q-tips, shampoo, moisturizer, face wash, tooth brushes) you get a coupon for a free sample box thing like Birch Box or Ipsy! NICE

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The CC is color corrective! I am not a make up artist but study some IG accounts of some to learn. I have learned that the skin is the biggest organ we have, so I'm trying to be more mindful of what I use ...knowing it can easily be seeping into my skin!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Oh Em Gee. I love seeing some love! Thanks for leaving some or asking for some!

Popular posts from this blog

Fractions decimals and percents

Introducing....The SLANT Box Exchange

Multiplication is for White People Chapter 1